This permanent visa allows aged persons who rely on a relative in Australia for all, or most, of their living costs to migrate to Australia. This visa requires that the applicant is sponsored by their relative in Australia.
This visa is for people who are:
- aged (age requirements apply)
- financially dependent on a relative in Australia for a reasonable period of time
- single, having never married, or is widowed, divorced or formally separated from their spouse
Family members of the aged dependent relative may also be included in the application if they meet certain requirements.
This visa allows you and your dependent family members to live as permanent residents in Australia.
This visa permits you to:
- work and study in Australia
- receive subsidised healthcare through Medicare and the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS)
- access certain social security payments (subject to waiting periods)
- be eligible to apply for Australian citizenship (subject to the residency eligibility criteria)
- sponsor people for permanent residence (subject to waiting periods)
Other Family Visas
The most commonly used categories of family visas are parent and spouse visas. There are, however, other very niche visa categories for specific needs of families and relatives.