The EBA category is specially designed to attract and encourage permanent migration of business people who have successfully contributed to establishing businesses and growing the economy in Australia.
The foremost prerequisite to applying for this visa is to hold an existing valid temporary visa. Find out more about which visas qualify as valid or substantive visas. You also need to show that you have been in Australia for a minimum of 9 months cumulatively in the 12 months preceding the application.
Additional conditions to be eligible for this visa include:
- You should have held an ownership interest of at least 10% interest in up to 2 main businesses in Australia for at least 18 months before applying
- In each of the two years prior to the application the main business should have had a minimum annual turnover of at least AUD200,000 or exports of at least AUD100,000
- You (or you and your spouse combined) should, in the 12 months preceding the application, have total net assets greater than AUD250, 000 in Australia
- You (or you and your spouse combined) should, in the 12 months prior to application, have total net assets greater than AUD100,000 in your main business in Australia
- You have to score at least 105 points in the Established Business in Australia points test.
Contact us for a pre-assessment on the EBA points test.
Regional Established Business in Australia (REBA)
The REBA category allows people temporarily in Australia on Temporary Business (Long Stay) visas or Business Skills (Provisional) visas to apply for permanent residence if they have successfully established a business in a designated area of Australia.
To be eligible for a visa under this category, you need to satisfy several prerequisites: you must be sponsored by a State/Territory government authority and you should have been in Australia for 12 months cumulative in the last 24 months before applying. In addition, there are certain benchmarks with respect to assets:
- In each of the two years prior to the application your main business should have had a turnover of at least AUD200,000 or exports of at least AUD100,000
- You (or you and your spouse combined) should have total net assets in Australia worth at least AUD 2,00,000
- In the 12 months prior to application, you (or you and your spouse combined) net assets in your main business(es) in a designated area in Australia should be no less than AUD75,000.
- Most importantly, it is essential to score at least 105 points in the Regional Established Business in Australia points test unless this requirement has been waived under exceptional circumstances.
Find out more about the regional established business points test and take an assessment of your scoring ability.
* Note: There are exceptions where the age limit is relaxed. Contact us to find out more.
We invite you to contact us to discuss your specific requirements and suitability for business migration to Australia
- Business Visas Overview
- Provisional Business Visas
- Permanent Business Visas