To apply for an ETA/eVisitor, you must be outside Australia and hold an ETA/eVisitor eligible passport.
With an ETA or eVisitor you can stay for up to 3 months on each visit within a 12 month period from the date of grant, or for the life of the passport if it is less than 12 months (multiple entry).
There are strict conditions that apply to An ETA/eVisitor visa.
- You must not work while in Australia. Limited volunteer work may be acceptable
- You must not engage in any studies or training for more than 3 months
- If you are at least 11 years of age and you intend to study in a class-room environment for a period greater than 4 weeks, you may be required to pass a chest x-ray examination before commencing your studies.
- You must be free from tuberculosis at the time of travel to, and entry into, Australia
- You must not have any criminal convictions, for which the sentence or sentences (whether served or not) are for a total period of 12 months duration or more, at the time of travel to, and entry into, Australia
Note: A violation of these conditions may result in cancellation of your ETA and you may have to leave Australia.
Visitor Visa Categories
Tourist Visas have the following sub-types: