This visa is for the temporary stay of religious workers from overseas who wish to work in Australia to directly service an organisation's religious objectives.
You must be sponsored by a religious organisation in Australia for this visa and be a full-time religious worker in Australia.
The religious work should be one for which you have had relevant religious training. It can be any one of the following:
- providing spiritual leadership
- conducting worship
- teaching or guidance in religion
- ministering, pastoral care or proselytising
- other high-level specialist work in relation to the above.
A religious worker visa entitles you to:
- work full-time for your sponsoring religious organisation
- stay in Australia for as long as your visa is valid
- bring eligible family members with you
Depending on experience level and the nature of activity, religious workers can also apply for visas in other categories. For example, you might be eligible for a student visa, a special program or occupational trainee visa.
- Employer Sponsored Visas Overview
- Permanent Employer Sponsored Visas
- Temporary Employer Sponsored Visas
- Other Sponsored and Professional Visas