Working holiday visas

To apply for this visa, you must:

Note: These are the basic prerequisites. There are detailed education (varying depending on the country of passport), English competence, finance, health, character eligibility criteria.

  • have turned 18, but not turned 31, at the time of applying.
  • hold a passport for one of the countries or regions participating with Australia in the Working Holiday Program. The countries are: Belgium, Canada, Republic of Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Taiwan and United Kingdom.

This visa allows you to supplement the cost of your holiday through short-term employment. With this visa, you can

  • enter Australia within 12 months of the visa grant date
  • stay up to 12 months
  • leave and re-enter Australia any number of times while the visa is valid
  • work in Australia for up to 6 months with each employer
  • study for up to 4 months

This visa can be extended by another 12 months provided the applicant can provide evidence of work on a farm, in a mine or construction industry for 3 months.

If you hold a second Working Holiday visa, you may return to work for a further 6 months for an employer with whom you worked on your first Working Holiday visa. There are a fair number of clauses that dictate the application and grant of first and second working holiday visas.

Find out more about first and second Working Holiday Visas from us.

Please contact us to discuss your requirements or click here for a detailed assessment of your particulars towards migration to Australia.

Visitor / Travel Visas Overview

Visitor Visa Categories

Tourist Visas

Tourist Visas have the following sub-types:

Request More Info