This visa is only available to applicants who are nominated by an AusTrade.
This is a 4-year temporary visa, for people who want to invest at least AUD 15 million into complying investments, as explained below, in Australia. After maintaining an investment in Australian for 1 year, the applicant can apply for permanent residence through the Business Innovation & Investment (Residence) Subclass 888 visa.
- Be nominated by a state or territory government in Australia
- Applicants must make an investment of at least AUD 15 million in a “premium investment” prior to grant of the visa. A “premium investment” for the purposes of the Premium Investor Visa includes:
- Securities (i.e. shares) listed on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX)
- Australian government or semi-government backed bonds or notes
- Corporate bonds or notes issued by an Australian exchange listed companies (or their wholly owned subsidiary) or investment grade rated Australian corporate bonds or notes rated by an AFS licenced debt rating agency
- Australian proprietary limited companies operating lawfully in Australia
- Commercial, industrial or other real estate in Australia with the exception of residential property
- Deferred annuities issued by Australian registered life companies
- State or territory government approved philanthropic contribution
- All applicants are required to meet the health and character requirements
Please note this visa has no age limit for the applicants and other concessions maybe available for certain applicants. Feel free to contact us for a detailed discussion regarding your prospects for obtaining this visa.
Visa Application Charges – VAC
- Primary Applicant: $8,925 | Secondary Applicant – over 18 years: $4,465 | Additional applicant – under 18 years: $2,235
- A primary applicant over the age of 18 years assessed as not having functional English – $9,795
- Any other applicant over the age of 18 assessed as not having functional English – $4,890